Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and Paste Special (Formulas) pastes cell value if numeric

Hi - If I have a column of cells, some being formulas, others being
numeric values, if I try to copy and do paste special "formulas" to
another column, it also copies over the values of those numeric cells
in addition to the formulas. Is there any way around this so it just
copies the formulas and does not affect the other cells if there is not
a formula in it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

F5, special and select formula, then copy

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - If I have a column of cells, some being formulas, others being
numeric values, if I try to copy and do paste special "formulas" to
another column, it also copies over the values of those numeric cells
in addition to the formulas. Is there any way around this so it just
copies the formulas and does not affect the other cells if there is not
a formula in it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If you wanted a copy of only the cells that have a formula and not the
cells that have constants, you could copy and paste the column, then,
with the pasted column selected, Edit, Go To, Special, select
Constants, and press Del to remove them, however this does not preserve
any former values in those cells, for that I think you would need some
VB code.

Does this help?

--

Wrote:
Hi - If I have a column of cells, some being formulas, others being
numeric values, if I try to copy and do paste special "formulas" to
another column, it also copies over the values of those numeric cells
in addition to the formulas. Is there any way around this so it just
copies the formulas and does not affect the other cells if there is
not
a formula in it?

Thanks!

--