Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to extract unique numbers once from a list of repeated numbers?

Hi,

I have an Excel question. I have a column of repeated numbers with no
pattern in terms of how many times a number shows up.

372
372
579
579
579
579
63
63
63
8

It always goes in this fashion: a shown number will only repeat after
itself or it won't repeat at all (e.g., 579 will only repeat after 579,
otherwise it won't repeat at all).

How do I extract the unique numbers from this column in a separate
column, such that the answer is:

372
579
63
8

Thank you,
Stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Stuart

You can use Advancedfilter
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If this is something you have to do frequently, I would recommend Jim Cone's
fine commercial Add-in called XL Companion. It's available at ...

http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3