Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lynn

Default Open an XML file into Excel

I have an Excel file that has been Saved As XML by mistake. Can I make it
open properly in excel (and then put it back to .xls again)? I've tried
renaming, tried importing (Data Menu, Import XLM) all to no avail (it just
brings up rubbish!). I would really appreciate some help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Marlow

Lynn,

If the XML file was saved from Excel (as 'XML Spreadsheet (*.xml)' type) you
should be able to open using 'File', 'Open' & change the 'Files of type' drop
down to 'XML Files (*.xml)'. Should not require anything more complicated
than that.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

"Lynn" wrote:

I have an Excel file that has been Saved As XML by mistake. Can I make it
open properly in excel (and then put it back to .xls again)? I've tried
renaming, tried importing (Data Menu, Import XLM) all to no avail (it just
brings up rubbish!). I would really appreciate some help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lynn

Hi Chris
Many thanks for responding. I have subsequently explored and it looks like
the file was corrupt before it was inadvertently saved as an XML file, as
I've tried again and I can open from Excel with no issues. Thanks again for
responding.
Lynn