Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JackLWinans

Default how can I set up an alphabetic sequence?

how can I have excel create a sequence in alphabetic letters as it does in
number sequences?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vezerid

Assuming you start your letters in C2, you can use:

=CHAR(65+ROW()-ROW($C$2))

Ascii codes 65-90 give A-Z and codes 97-122 give a-z.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Once you have the list from a-z on your worksheet, go to ToolsOptionsCustom
Lists and "Add" the a-z to the lists.

In future just enter a in A1, b in A2 then drag/copy down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP