Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RVal

Default protect a sheet from being printed?

I am trying to stop anyone from printing a spreadsheet. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Prevent? Yes, it's impossible.

Make it somewhat difficult for a novice user? Sure. Put this in the
ThisWorkbook module of your workbook:

Cancel = True
End Sub

However, this will not prevent anyone from printing a screenshot.

In article ,

I am trying to stop anyone from printing a spreadsheet. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R. Choate

Also, if the user doesn't have macros enabled then it will have no effect at all and the user can print away with no hint of
trouble.

--
RMC,CPA

"RVal" wrote in message ...
I am trying to stop anyone from printing a spreadsheet. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhishek kedia

Hi
JE McGimpsey

I tried it, but unforunitly it does not work, can u explain in detail

Thanks

Abhishek kedia

RVal wrote:

I am trying to stop anyone from printing a spreadsheet. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
Abhishek kedia wrote:

I tried it, but unforunitly it does not work, can u explain in detail

Not sure I can explain in any more detail than my original reply...

- Did you put the code in the ThisWorkbook code module?

- Are macros enabled?

- Did you set a breakpoint in the code to see if it fired when you tried
to print?