-   -   Populate column in sequential order by number of records (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/85886-populate-column-sequential-order-number-records.html)

araki

Populate column in sequential order by number of records

Hi all.
I think I've seen this before. Let's say I have a spreadsheet that has
200 records. there are various fields associated with each record.
I would like to add another colum that will populate to the number of
records,this case 200, in a sequential order.
I would like to do this without typing in each number.

Thx.

--
araki
araki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15334

Toppers

Populate column in sequential order by number of records

put 1 in the first cell, hold CTRL and drag down to last record. This number