Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Hannan

Default Saving a file under new name

After altering the content of a file, I try to save under a new name - Excel
locks up on me and I have to use task manager to close down - losing all the
information in the new file? Anyone had this happen - this is a new
phenomenon for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rajkohli

THE POST IS PREVIOUSLLY POSTED BY:
==========================
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

This is a result of a bug in the MS06-015 security update. Here is the
automated fix.

Go to the following website:

Click the link on line 383 (right hand side). This will download the HP's
Share to web software-fix file.

Double click the downloaded file to run. This will automatically fix the
problems caused by the Security Update MS06-015 as detailed in "Problems in
Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

Special kudos to MVP Kelly Theriot for automating this fix.