Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC

Default cell comparison formulae (?)

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with the formulae for A3 A4 and A5 in the
following scenario

A1 and A2 have positive values

A3=A1-A2 up to a maximum value of 10

A4 =0 unless A3 10 in which case A4=A3-10 (i.e. whatever is above 10) up to
a maximum of 50

A5 =0 unless A4 50 in which case A5=A4-50 (i.e. whatever is above 50)

Many thanks if you can
--
Tobit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Tobit- I don't mean to be a pain, or stonewall you, but this is one of
those "teach a man to fish" situations. If I give you the answer
you'll have it, but next time you won't know what to do. So- please
use the Help function (F1 in Excel) and review the IF function. It's
very straightforward, and easily applied to your requirements.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC

Dave - I should have been more specific in the last post. It is not the IF
function that is confusing me, it is how I limit the resulting value from
the equation in A3 to a specific level and then use the balance in A4. (I
was playing with the MAX function, but I think this is incorrect)

--
Tobit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

In A3, you could use this kind of formula:

=MIN(10,A1-A2)

But then I don't understand how the other requirements work.

TC wrote:

Dave - I should have been more specific in the last post. It is not the IF
function that is confusing me, it is how I limit the resulting value from
the equation in A3 to a specific level and then use the balance in A4. (I
was playing with the MAX function, but I think this is incorrect)

--
Tobit

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC

That was just what I was looking for - Thanks

--
Tobit