Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lucas

Default menu bar

Hi All,

My menu bar disappeared! I have no idea how to bring it back. I tried
toolbars but there are all other menus to be selected (drawing, standard,
....) apart from menu-bar. Do you have any idea how to make it appear again?

lucas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Right-click where the menu bar used to be.
Select Customize... (at the botton)
On the Tool bars tab, go all the way down
Check Worksheet Menu Bar
--
Gary's Student

"lucas" wrote:

Hi All,

My menu bar disappeared! I have no idea how to bring it back. I tried
toolbars but there are all other menus to be selected (drawing, standard,
...) apart from menu-bar. Do you have any idea how to make it appear again?

lucas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

does one of your workbooks have a macro that hides the menus??

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537132

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lucas

Yep, exactly. I had well working customized toolbars. Then I received an
Excel file, opened it and every toolbar disappeared. Once I tried to restore
it I can add every toolbar apart from menu bar. It's not listed in toolbars,
even if I choose customize.

"davesexcel" wrote:

does one of your workbooks have a macro that hides the menus??

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537132

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rajkohli

After reading your post, I tried to disappear Worksheet Menu Bar in Microsoft
Excel 2003 but no success. As said by "Gary", if you are still not able to
bring your Menu Bar back then it is possible that it is somewhere on your
screen. See carefully. Try checking and unchecking the Worksheet Menu Bar
function from Customizing Toolbar option. You will notice a little change in
screen contents.

If this doesn't helps you then goto Display Properties and increase the
Screen Resolution e.g. if it is 800x600 then 1024x768 or vise versa. This
happens a lot of time to me when my students close the Menu Bar in previous
versions.

Let us know, if the information is useful to you.

"lucas" wrote:

Hi All,

My menu bar disappeared! I have no idea how to bring it back. I tried
toolbars but there are all other menus to be selected (drawing, standard,
...) apart from menu-bar. Do you have any idea how to make it appear again?

lucas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lucas

Hi Guys,

Now it works (the resolution). Thanks a lot!