Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PULIDOC

Default How Excel 2003 Highlight random cells and running tally appear?

I use to be able to highlight random cells and excel use to do the math and I
could see the running tally on the bottom right hand area. My version of
Excel 2003 no longer does this simple function. I have to either SUM those
specific value or other specific Excel functions. How do I get this simple
tally option back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

First, you need to have the "Status Bar" turned on. Go to the View Menu and
make sure "Status Bar" is checked.

The Status Bar should appear at the bottom of your Excel window.
Right-click anywhere on the Status Bar. Then select the function that you
want displayed (Count, Sum, etc...)

HTH,
Elkar