Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nander

Default How to seperate 2 values to 2 different cells

In the examples below these values are in column B. I'd like the values
beyond the + sigh to move to the next cell. So B only contains
CA*F060*2* AND C contains G*V80905C

1 CA*F060*2*+G*V80905C**
2 CA*F060*2*+G*V81155C**
3 CA*F060*2*+G*V90905D**
4 CA*F060*2*+G*V950905D**
5 CA*F060*2*+G*V951155D**
6 CA*F060*2*+MBE1600

--
nander
nander's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6156

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Foster

Highlight the data range,
Under the Data menu choose "Text to Columns",
Keep Delimited as the choice on the first screen, hit "Next"
put a "+" in the box to the right of "Other" and hit "Finish".

Bill

"nander" wrote:

In the examples below these values are in column B. I'd like the values
beyond the + sigh to move to the next cell. So B only contains
CA*F060*2* AND C contains G*V80905C

1 CA*F060*2*+G*V80905C**
2 CA*F060*2*+G*V81155C**
3 CA*F060*2*+G*V90905D**
4 CA*F060*2*+G*V950905D**
5 CA*F060*2*+G*V951155D**
6 CA*F060*2*+MBE1600

--
nander
nander's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6156
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536917

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

nander

Make sure there is an empty column to right of the cells.

Select all cells.

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byOther. Enter the + sign and finish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP