Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChrisMattock

Default Excel=Word help me please!

OK, we create "Letters of Acceptance" using the same template multiple
times a day, I have designed an excel spreadsheet that has all the
fields necessary and a word document linked to this that is formatted
exactly how we need it. You fill in the details in the excel form, load
up the word document and voila! all the fields are there and correct.

Then the problems start, I need now to save this document as it is,
under a different file name. But so that when it loads up it doesn't
look for the linked information. It's no use just saying "never click
on the update linked information button" as the people using it will do
this regardless, and then the document will update to whatever is in the
excel spreadsheet. Any ideas? email me and I will gladly send you the
two documents! Thanks for your time, hope someone can help!

Even better would be having the excel spreadsheet generate the word
document by clicking a "generate" button then asking for a file name?!
Possible? Considering the format of the word document is fairly
intricate and important? Could excel update a template in word then
save it under a filename specified in the excel spreadsheet?

Please help me excel gurus!

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PY & Associates

May be you can consider this:

sheet 1 is your data;
sheet 2 is your formatted document(act as template);
macro to trigger copying relevant data from sheet 1 to 2 (your document is
done now);
get new filename;
move sheet 2 only to a new file using new filename;

"ChrisMattock"
wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChrisMattock

Embeddnig either the word in the excel or the excel in the word seems to
make everything go real sloooooooooow..... any other ideas?

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc