Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robb W

Default Inserting a button into a cell and linking it to a macro

I create a new Excel spreadsheet for various purposes about once per
year. Inevitably, after I figure out all the commands and functions I
want to utilize for one spreadsheet, I forget everything by the time I
start a new spreadsheet. Thus this question....

How do I insert a button into a cell that, when pushed, will run a
macro?

I basically have a project tracking spreadsheet and want to put dates
in a cell when a task is complete. I want a button in the corner of
the cell that will insert the current date and alert the user that he
is changing a date if the button is presed with a date in the cell.

I can write the macro, but I can't for the love of me remember how to
insert the button and link the macro to it. I know I've done this
before.

Thanks for any help.....

--
Robb W
Robb W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33908

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Right click anywhere on the upper tool bar and select Forms. It has a
button icon to make the button and will prompt you to assign a macro to it.

If you already have a button, right click and check Assign Macro.

The button doesn't go in a cell but right click the button and on Format
Control Properties check the options that suit you.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Robb W" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Show the Forms toolbar
Click on the button and draw the opposite corners on the worksheet

After you've created the button, you can assign the macro to the button. If
your macro isn't ready, you can dismiss that dialog.

When the macro is available, just rightclick on the button and choose Assign
Macro.

Robb W wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robb W