Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jb52

Default How do I enter (c) in Excel?

When I enter (c) in a cell in Excel I get the copyright symbol. How can I
override this so I get (c)? I know in Word you can just hit the backspace
key but this doesn't work in Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhishek kedia

Hey!!
jb52

its quit simple. It is just making excel foolish

just select a cell then type ( c ),[double space between brackets and
"C"], and then enter. then select the cell and replace double space with no
space.
replace commond is ctrl+h

try once
bye

"jb52" wrote:

When I enter (c) in a cell in Excel I get the copyright symbol. How can I
override this so I get (c)? I know in Word you can just hit the backspace
key but this doesn't work in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
via135

hi!

Tools | AutoCorrect Options

select (c) and delete

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Here are 2 approaches:

For single instance reversal:
Type (c) space
Excel converts it to the copyright symbol
Press Ctrl-Z (shortcut for Undo)
That should reverse the conversion

OR

To prevent all automatic conversions: