Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Heidi123

Default =%A%1, is this a good formula in Excel 2000?

I use Excel 2003 and I need to know if Excel 2000 will accept this formula:
=%A%1. I just took a test in Excel 2000 and this was one of the formulas but
I know it's not valid in 2003, but could it really be valid in 2000? I'd like
to tell the company that they have an error in their program but I need to be
sure I'm right first. Please Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

No, it's not valid in any version of XL.

Are you sure it wasn't

=$A$1

??

In article ,
Heidi123 wrote:

I use Excel 2003 and I need to know if Excel 2000 will accept this formula:
=%A%1. I just took a test in Excel 2000 and this was one of the formulas but
I know it's not valid in 2003, but could it really be valid in 2000? I'd like
to tell the company that they have an error in their program but I need to be
sure I'm right first. Please Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

I have excel 2000 and it results in an error. What is it supposed to do? Is
it an absolute reference like $A$1 ?

"Heidi123" wrote:

I use Excel 2003 and I need to know if Excel 2000 will accept this formula:
=%A%1. I just took a test in Excel 2000 and this was one of the formulas but
I know it's not valid in 2003, but could it really be valid in 2000? I'd like
to tell the company that they have an error in their program but I need to be
sure I'm right first. Please Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi Heidi,

You say it was a test so they could be testing your knowledge.

=%A%1 is not correct in any version of Excel.

However some people do use Auto Correct to allow for hitting the wrong key,
such as setting "% =$" in Auto Correct. In which case =%A%1 would be a valid
input.

BUT!!! I DO HAVE TO SAY!! This is very poor practice to say the least!!

HTH
Martin