Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mickeyfinz

Default I m following directions and can't delete dup rows in excel

I am try'g to delete dup rowsin excell sprdsht, following directions w/o any
success. Any ideas. M I missing some'ting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

What are you doing? Just select the row you want to delete, right click and
select DELETE.

"mickeyfinz" wrote:

I am try'g to delete dup rowsin excell sprdsht, following directions w/o any
success. Any ideas. M I missing some'ting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mickeyfinz

I have a list of approx 3000 names and fax #'s. Included are about 600
duplicates that I want to delete so I have one name and fax number per line
with no duplications. I have followed the instructions in "HELP" w/o any
success. I was wondering if I am not alone?

"mickeyfinz" wrote:

I am try'g to delete dup rowsin excell sprdsht, following directions w/o any
success. Any ideas. M I missing some'ting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

I have no idea what you are checking in HELP. YOu may want to use a PIVOT
Table to determine which are dups. You could also use conditional
formatting to determine the dups using COUNTIF

http://www.mrexcel.com/tip063.shtml

"mickeyfinz" wrote:

I am try'g to delete dup rowsin excell sprdsht, following directions w/o any
success. Any ideas. M I missing some'ting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greg7468

Hi, I am no expert but this is what I use to filter duplicate entries in
a list.

Say your names are in col A and your fax #'s are in col B.

Put this in col C and copy down.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1500,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

This will put "duplicate" in col C where there is a duplication in
names.

I then filter col C for "duplicate" and delete.

HTH.

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536360

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greg7468

Hi, I am no expert but this works for me.

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:$A$100,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

If names are in Col a, #'s are in Col B.

Put this in Col C and copy down.

This will put a "duplicate" in Col C where there is a name
replication.

Filter Col C to show "duplicates" and delete.

HTH.

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536360

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Use the advanced filter method.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP