Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnHill

Default Displaying Negative %

I've got a cell that calculates a value as a %. Where the result is a
negative value I'd like it to show the figure in Red. Can this be done
?

Thanks,

--
JohnHill
JohnHill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25171

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If you set the field as Custom #,##0.00%;[Red]-#,##0.00% it will appear
as such, but your calculation would need to allow for the different (
/100 ) figure shown.

Hope this helps

--

JohnHill Wrote:
I've got a cell that calculates a value as a %. Where the result is a
negative value I'd like it to show the figure in Red. Can this be done
?

Thanks,

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536266

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi John,

You can do that with conditional formatting.
Go to FormatConditional formatting and set 'Cell value is' 'lower than' 0
and set your format to what you like.
Whole cell Red or font red or perhaps border red.

HTH
Martin