Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnHill

Default Ignore Text for Formula

I've got a cell that will either produce a numeric vakue as the answer
or subject to an If Statement will produce nothing ie "". I'm using ""
rather than 0 as I don't want it to be visable unless it's a number.

My problem is that I want to use the answer from this cell in further
calcs. The calc is just adding two cells ... but if the answer to the
cell has text then just ignore it and produce the value in the first
cell.

Eg. A1 + A2 = X
Where A2 = Text then = A1

--