Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
misselainei

Default Adding Totals on Seperate Page

I have an excel book with numerous pages and total amounts on each one. I
want a seperate page with all these totals, grand totals, on and I want it to
be connected to the pages in the workbook so the amount changes on the grand
totals page. To make life easier I don't mind being e-mailed at,
. Thanks, Elaine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

See Excel Help on "linked cells"

You can link cells on separate worksheets to one master sheet.

The linked cells will update on the master as they change on the sheets.

e.g.

To sum up the same cell on each sheet into the master sheet enter this formula
on the master in a cell.

=Sum(Sheet1:Sheet4!H23)

This will sum up H23 on each of Sheet1 through Sheet4 to give a grand total.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:19:01 -0700, misselainei
wrote:

I have an excel book with numerous pages and total amounts on each one. I
want a seperate page with all these totals, grand totals, on and I want it to
be connected to the pages in the workbook so the amount changes on the grand
totals page. To make life easier I don't mind being e-mailed at,
. Thanks, Elaine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
misselainei

Thanks Gord for getting back to me so quickly. I have read the, "linked
cells", help bit but it really doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not thick,
I just don't understand all the jargon. Can you be more specific about how I
do it. Thanks, Elaine.

wrote:

I have an excel book with numerous pages and total amounts on each one. I
want a seperate page with all these totals, grand totals, on and I want it to
be connected to the pages in the workbook so the amount changes on the grand
totals page. To make life easier I don't mind being e-mailed at,
. Thanks, Elaine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

The example should show the basics of cell linking between sheets.

Send me a copy of the workbook and I'll have a look at it.

Change the <AT and <DOT to get my email address. Do not send the file to the
news group.

Gord