Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul P

Default Pivot table layout

Hi,

I have a simple pivot table with categories of beverages in the row field
and the number of units sold for each category in 2004 in the data area. I
want to add unit sales for 2005 and for 2006 to the data area, but I want the
data for these years to show up to the right of the data for 2004, not
underneath it in the same column.

Thanks,
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown

Drag the Data field, so that it appears horizontally, rather than
vertically

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Paul

Grab the field label for Sum of data, and drag it to the Total column on
the PT.
That will bring the relevant year's data side by side.

--
Regards

Roger Govier