Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greaseman

Default Question about format of a formula

I'm trying to make a simple formula, such as

=If(Is Null(D1),E1,D1)

But keep getting a #NAME error. Should I be using the word "If" or the
word "Iif" in my formula? What else can I check for to fix my #NAME
error?

Thanks in advance to you Excel geniuses!!

--
greaseman
greaseman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28808

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

=If(IsBlank(D1),E1,D1)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛greaseman€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I'm trying to make a simple formula, such as

=If(Is Null(D1),E1,D1)

But keep getting a #NAME error. Should I be using the word "If" or the
word "Iif" in my formula? What else can I check for to fix my #NAME
error?

Thanks in advance to you Excel geniuses!!

--
greaseman
greaseman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28808
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown

Try the following:-

=IF(ISERR(D1),E1,D1)

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greaseman

stefi and Gary,

Thanks! I'll give your suggestions a try and see what comes out. I
appreciate your willigness to help!

--
greaseman
greaseman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28808
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535931

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
greaseman

stefi and Gary,

Thanks! I gave your suggestions a try and was successful. I