Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Language Translation in Excel

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

I have a list of English words (about 2500) that are listed in excel in
column A. In column B I'd like the Portuguese translation.

The best I've got so far is to have a hyperlink in column B -
=HYPERLINK("http://www.ultralingua.net/index.html?action=define&sub=1&nv=0&searchtype=ste mmed&text=XXXXXX&service=english2portuguese",
"ultralingua").

Where I've typed 'XXXXXX' this is the word that will be translated in
ultralingua.

Is there any way that XXXXXX can be replaced with the contents of a
source cell i.e. so ultralingua translates the contents of one of the
cells from column A? I'll the transcriibe the result into column B.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

I can't see where your 'XXXXXX' fits into the formula, but essentially
you could replace this with a cell reference joined in with the rest of
the formula, something like:

("http://www.ultralingua.net/index.html?action=define&sub=1&nv=0&search="&A1,"u ltralingua").

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Pete

Yes I've got this to work. I was expressing the formula in the
hyperlink incorrectly.

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Thanks for the feedback - glad you got it working.

Pete