Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Elliott

Default how tell if cell has formula

Thanks for any help.
I have a workbook with six tabs that are all formula. But sometimes I paste
values over these formulas by mistake. I would like somehow to check quickly
if the cells are formulas, or values. I could do this by selecting the cells
one by one, and looking at the formula bar. But there are about 200-300
cells, so this would take a couple minutes or so per tab.
I could also write some code I think that checks each cell to see if it has
a formula or not, and tell the user so.
But preferably I think, I would like some worksheet function that could do
this. Maybe have it check over a range. Are there any functions that can tell
if a cell has a formula or is just a value? I looked at the CELL worksheet
function, but it doesn't look like it can tell.
Thanks very much.