Kschu

Default Excel Autofilter - limitations?

Does the autofilter feature have a limit to how much it can search? I have a
jobfile list over 2500 entries and only seems to serach about half of them.

It there a setting to increase this search capablity if there is a default
limit or a workaround?

Thanks

Alex Lush

I far as I knew the autofilter list (i.e. the list that is shown) only shows
the first 1000 entries BUT the custom filter will search the entire range,
i.e. Up to 64,000 or so records/rows.

"Kschu" wrote:

Does the autofilter feature have a limit to how much it can search? I have a
jobfile list over 2500 entries and only seems to serach about half of them.

It there a setting to increase this search capablity if there is a default
limit or a workaround?

Paul

"Kschu" wrote:

Does the autofilter feature have a limit to how much it can search? I have a
jobfile list over 2500 entries and only seems to serach about half of them.

It there a setting to increase this search capablity if there is a default
limit or a workaround?

Autofilter will only show the first 1000 items in the dropdown, its
not limited to 1,000 rows of data. More than likely you have a blank
row of data somewhere in your dataset.