Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
prabhu

Default Sharing Violation Error while opening Excel file with Win Runner

Hi

I am getting Sharing Violation Error (E_SHARING_VIOLATION (-10041)) while
trying to open an Excel Sheet.

Following is the script I use in WinRunner automation tool to open an excel
sheet
--
ddt_open(gtable, DDT_MODE_READWRITE);
--

Any Idea of why this problem is present.

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 SP2 and WR 8.0

This is an Excel problem.

If I save the same excel sheet as "Save as : Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 workbook"
then I am not getting the error

BUT this version can hold only 255 chars in a single cell But I need to
store more than 500 chars in a single cell

This is very critical , any solutions??