Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lou New At Excel

Default How do I formulate a high price column

I need to know the highest price I have ever paid for a product. In my
inventory, I update prices monthly, changing the previously recorded price.
If the "new price" is more than the price recorded in the "high price"
column, I want that price to change to the "new Price" amount. I have tried
using the MAX formula in conjunction with the IF formula, but it is not
working properly because if the "New Price" is in between the the two prices,
it records that "New Price". Any suggestions? (I am pretty much a novice at
this, so please try to keep it simple. Note: I have Excel 2003 & I posed
this question already & got a response, (about using a VBA code) but I didn't
understand it all. I was told to "right-click on tab", - what tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

My first suggestion is to post the formula you are using. That's the only way
people can help you.

Regarding VBA code, post your question to the .programming group. The 'tab' they
are referring to is the sheet name -- it's at the bottom of your worksheet. The
default name is Sheet1.

Fred