Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elaine

Default Sort by Fill Color

Hello,

Is it possible to sort cells by fill colors without writing VBA? I'm using
Excel version 2003
--
Thank you... Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

Elaine,

The next version of Excel (out next year) will be able to do that.
Otherwise, VBA is required.
A commercial alternative, from yours truly, was reviewed by The Office Letter...
http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Elaine"
wrote in message...
Hello,
Is it possible to sort cells by fill colors without writing VBA? I'm using
Excel version 2003--
Thank you... Elaine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elaine

Hello again,

I tried your formula, =colorindex(a1) and got the #NAME? message. What did I
do wrong?
--
Thank you... Elaine

"Elaine" wrote in message
Hello,

Is it possible to sort cells by fill colors without writing VBA? I'm using
Excel version 2003
--
Thank you... Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elaine

Got it working. Read details from the website and it works like a champ!
--
Thank you .. Elaine