Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Weasel

Default Need a formula to add the total # each time it finds a name

Here's how my current sheet looks like:

Code:
--------------------

Column A

Dept Units
Apparel 150
Apparel 142
Licensee 80
Footwear 64
Apparel 63
Footwear 62

Total Units
Apparel Formula
Licensee Formula
Footwear Formula

--------------------

I need a formula that will give me the total units for any dept labled
Apparel, Licensee, and Footwear. Every week the number of units will
change and I have to resort the list so the order is always different.
I'm thinking the best way to do it is for a formula to look for the
word Apparel and any time it finds it to add the units to a total.
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Weasel
Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27206

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Use SUMIF

=SUMIF(A2:A90,"=" &A100,B2:B90)

As an example,

A100 contains the literal "Apparel" ie. is the first cell under the TOTAL
so A101 would contain LICENSEE etc

HTH

"Weasel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc