Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MAC

Default Cell Block and Furmula Bar display

Hi,

I have currently formatted a column of cells to decimal place of 2,
displaying each cell as eg. 15.64 however within the Formula Bar it
displays as :
15.6403954300535 ?

How can I make it so that the Formula Bar info displays the same as the Cell
block?

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You can't, unless you want to actually change the value in the cell by the
amount exceeding the second decimal place. If so, this can be done using the
=TEXT() formula and Copy PasteSpecial Values..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MAC" wrote:

Hi,

I have currently formatted a column of cells to decimal place of 2,
displaying each cell as eg. 15.64 however within the Formula Bar it
displays as :
15.6403954300535 ?

How can I make it so that the Formula Bar info displays the same as the Cell
block?

Thanks for your help.
Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Edwin Tam

There is an option in Excel which you may find useful.

From the Tools menu, choose options. Go to the Calculation tab, check the
checkbox "Precision as displayed".

But use it very carefully.

Regards,
Edwin Tam

http://www.vonixx.com

"MAC" wrote:

Hi,

I have currently formatted a column of cells to decimal place of 2,
displaying each cell as eg. 15.64 however within the Formula Bar it
displays as :
15.6403954300535 ?

How can I make it so that the Formula Bar info displays the same as the Cell
block?

Thanks for your help.
Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Say A1 contains 15.6403954300535

In an un-used cell, enter =ROUND(A1,2)
Copy this cell and paste/special as value back into A1
--
Gary's Student