Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bf

Default error messages

working in windows xp with xp office, when starting excel I get this message
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew

when quiting excel I get another message Compile error in Hidden Module:
DistMon.

I have read and tried all the suggestions and none have worked.

Please help

bf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If Adobe Acrobat is installed on your computer, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410 "You receive a "Compile
error in hidden module" error message when you start Word or Excel".

bf wrote:

working in windows xp with xp office, when starting excel I get this message
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew

when quiting excel I get another message Compile error in Hidden Module:
DistMon.

I have read and tried all the suggestions and none have worked.

Please help

bf

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bf

thanks for your quick response. I did as you suggested, and went to the link
below and followed the instructions. I also went to the symantec web page as
suggested on the web page, but couldn't find anything relating to this error
message. Thanks for the help.

bf