Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francesco

Default Please I need some help to complete a VBA Macro

I am using excel 2003 and WindowsXp Professional
_______

I prepared a macro to creade a folder and a subfolder but I do not know How
to complete it
What I wrote is:

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim MyPath as String
Dim MyCell As String
Dim Name AS String

' puts the current in E1 ( ex. 10\04\2006)
Cells(1,5) = (Date)

' Inputs year 2006 of cell E1 in D5
WorkSheets("output").Range ("D5").Value = "=Year(E1)"

' MyCell takes the value of D5
MyCell = Sheets("output").Cells(5,4).Value

' Create a folder
On Error GoTo L1
MyPath = CurDir & "\"
MKDir MyPath & "InvoicingPrg"
L1:

'Note: Up to here the Macro works fine and creates the folder in C:\ named
"InvoicingPrg" and no errors occur even if the folder exists already.

What I need is to finf out if within the folder "C:\InvoicingPrg" exists a
foder named
"Invoice2006" ( Name = "invoice" & MyCell ), if yes exit the sub otherwise
creats the folder "Invoice2006".

I do not now how to do this second part provided, I hope, that the first
part of the Macro is correct.

Thankyou all
Francesco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim MyPath As String
Dim MyCell As String
Dim Name As String

' puts the current in E1 ( ex. 10\04\2006)
Cells(1, 5) = (Date)

' Inputs year 2006 of cell E1 in D5
Worksheets("output").Range("D5").Value = "=Year(E1)"

' MyCell takes the value of D5
MyCell = Sheets("output").Cells(5, 4).Value

' Create a folder
On Error Resume Next
MyPath = CurDir & "\"
MkDir MyPath & "InvoicingPrg"
'Create subfolder
MyPath = CurDir & "\InvoicingPrg\"
MkDir MyPath & "Invoicing" & MyCell
On Error GoTo 0

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

What I wrote is:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
matis

try this ..
If Dir("C:\InvoicingPrg\Invoice2006", vbDirectory) < "" Then
end sub '(or doWhatEver)
else
chdir "C:\InvoicingPrg"
mkdir "Invoice2006"
end if

hth,
matis

--
matis
matis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33326

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

Hi Francesco,
delete the text in your macro from 'create a folder' to 'L1' and add in:
Dim answer
Dim fs
answer = fs.folderexists("[your path to folder being checked for]")
if answer = FALSE then fs.createfolder("[your path to folder you want to
create]")

this checks if your folder exists and if not creates it

HTH
Giz

What I wrote is:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francesco

Hello
Thanks for the solution proposed, they solved my problem, it was wery nice
from you all.

one more question please

Is there a nacro that checks how many drivers ( a:\ , C:\ , D:\ ......)
are installed in the pc?
Thanks again a lot
Francesco

What I wrote is:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francesco

Gizmo63 the macro you wrote is perfect, may be you can suggest to me how to
insert it in a loop or a for next routine to fin out in which drive there is
or there is not the folder and create or not it

Thanks for again for help
Francesco

What I wrote is:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Is this what you mean

Dim aryDrives
Dim oFSO
Dim sPath As String
Dim i As Long

aryDrives = Array("C:\", "D:\", "G:\")
For i = LBound(aryDrives) To UBound(aryDrives)
sPath = aryDrives(i) & "rest of path"
If Not oFSO.folderexists(sPath) Then
oFSO.createfolder sPath
End If
Next i

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

What I wrote is:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francesco

Hello,
Yes Bob Phillips that is exactly what I needed
Thanks