Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Default 2 Questions, Saving a file from a specific cell value, and Searchi

Hello Experts,
I would like to know if there is a way to save a workbook with the value
held in a cell.
Also, I'd like to be able to use a command button to enable searching and
the search.

I have no idea how to record a macro that can do these things and is why I
have approached the minds who know excel inside out.

Thanks
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename:="C:\MyFolder\" & _
Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("A1").Value & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal

Possibly

fname = Application.GetOpenFileName()

This can be set up to limit the files displayed by extension. See Excel VBA
help for examples. It just returns the name of the file selected. You
would then need to use the workbook.open command to actually open the file.

If you really want to search, then perhaps look at FileSearch Object
although many claim they have problems with it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ce09072000.asp

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter" wrote:

Hello Experts,
I would like to know if there is a way to save a workbook with the value
held in a cell.
Also, I'd like to be able to use a command button to enable searching and
the search.

I have no idea how to record a macro that can do these things and is why I
have approached the minds who know excel inside out.

Thanks
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Default 2 Questions, Saving a file from a specific cell value, and Sea

Thanks Tom, This has put me on the right track =)