Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horst

Default Need help with a formula

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

=IF(F14+G14=123,H13+F14-G14,0) where <value=123

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

...... or do you mean...

=if(OR(F14=value,G14=Value),H3+F13-G14),0)

i.e if F14 OR G14 Value?

If both F14 AND G14 = Value then change OR to AND

=if(AND(F14=value,G14=Value),H3+F13-G14),0)

HTH

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carim

Hi Horst,

Difficult to guess ...
could be
=IF(F14=G14,H13+F14-G14,0)

HTH
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horst

That didn't work. I'm trying to create a running ledger but I don't want it
to automaticaly to configure unless the next entry has been posted.

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horst

I like to start with a balance in the row above. If I have a debit or credit
on the next row, I would like to calculate the balance cell on that row to
give me the new total. If there is no entry, I would like the balance cell on
that row to show 0 or stay blank. This should be like a regular check
register.

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Try this:

=IF(AND(F14,G14),H13+F14-G14,0)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carim

Hi,

If I may Toppers is right ... a clear explanation would help ...

=if(AND(F14<0,G14<0),H3+F13-G14),0)

This formula would perform the calculation only if both F14 and G14 are
different from 0 ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531317

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Horst" wrote in message

"Toppers" wrote:

"Horst" wrote:

"Toppers" wrote:

"Horst" wrote:

[...]

In which case:
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(F14),ISBLANK(G14)),"",H13+F14-G14)
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Try this:

=IF(OR(F30,G30),H2+F3-G3,0) and copy down

HOWEVER, I would have thought you would want the balance on every line; if
so then
in balance column

=H2+F3-G3 and copy down

F G H
Credit Debit Balance
100
100 200
0 <==== Should this not be 200?
50 -50 <== and this 150?

HTH

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horst

That didn't work. This formula enters the latest total all the way down the
balance of the page.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(AND(F14,G14),H13+F14-G14,0)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Then try this:

=IF(OR(F14<"",G14<""),INDEX($H$3:H13,MATCH(MAX($ H$3:H13)+1,$H$3:H13))+F14-
G14,"")

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Horst" wrote in message
That didn't work. This formula enters the latest total all the way down

the
balance of the page.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(AND(F14,G14),H13+F14-G14,0)

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"Horst" wrote:

Can someone give me the right formula plase
IF(F14:G14=VALUE,SUM(H13+F14-G14),0)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horst

David Biddulph

I don't know if you received my reply but your formula worked perfect for
what I needed. Great job, I appreciated your help.

Horst

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"Horst" wrote in message

"Toppers" wrote: