Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Need help with sumif

Default This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
Example:
Total: ______

A B
1 Income Expense
2 $50 -$20
3 $100 -$10

P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Need help with sumif"

wrote in message...

I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
Example:
Total: ______

A B
1 Income Expense
2 $50 -$20
3 $100 -$10

P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

=sum(a:b)

Don't put it in column A or B.

Need help with sumif wrote:

I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
Example:
Total: ______

A B
1 Income Expense
2 $50 -$20
3 $100 -$10

P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

If you want to show the sum of income and expense for each row then in C2 put:
=A2+B2 and copy down.

If you want to show the sum of income and expense for each column, then in
A100 put:
=sum(A2:A99) and in B100 put =sum(B2:B99) to handle 99 entries
--
Gary's Student

"Need help with sumif" wrote:

I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
Example:
Total: ______

A B
1 Income Expense
2 $50 -$20
3 $100 -$10

P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

Need help with sumif Wrote:
I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
Example:
Total: ______

A B
1 Income Expense
2 $50 -$20
3 $100 -$10

P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA

OK, how about htis?

Depending on how far down your revenue and expense are going to go,
this formula will assume 220 rows so in the cell you want the total
enter this formula

=sum(B1:B223)-sum(C2:C223)

you can change the range to your needs

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

davesexcel Wrote:
OK, how about htis?

Depending on how far down your revenue and expense are going to go,
this formula will assume 220 rows so in the cell you want the total
enter this formula

=sum(A1:A223)-sum(B2:B223)

you can change the range to your needs

This formula works if your expenses values are not negative