Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jp

Default Split the numbers in a alpha numeric case

I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one row,45
in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Make sure there are a few blank rows just to the right of our column with the
strings, then highlight that column and do Data TextToColumns Delimited
and set the hyphen as your delimiter.........post back if you have any
trouble, or more questions.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jp" wrote:

I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one row,45
in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Jp wrote:
I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one
row,45 in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

Use Data-Text to columns..., select delimited and specify space and hyphen
as delimeters.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jp

Can this be done automatically .I mean once i enter the format i want my
results split up instead of every time using the Text to colum.

"Jp" wrote:

I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one row,45
in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Sure, here's a macro but it was done in XL97, you may have to Edit and/or
record one of your own to work in yo0ur version of XL.

Sub AutoTextToColumns()
Columns("B:D").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True, Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=True, Other:=True,
OtherChar:= _
"-", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1),
Array(4, 1))

Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jp" wrote:

I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one row,45
in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:33:03 -0700, Jp wrote:

I have the following Number format in one row

132-45-69 N.

I want to split the numbers in three different rows like 132 in one row,45
in another and 69 in the third row.

Can this be done in excell

To do it automatically, you could use the following formulas:

A2: =LEFT(A$1,FIND("-",A$1)-1)
A3: =MID(A$1,FIND("-",A$1)+1,FIND("-",A$1,FIND("-",A$1)+1)-FIND("-",A$1)-1)
A4:
=MID(A$1,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A$1,"-",CHAR(1),2))+1,
FIND(" ",A$1&" ")-FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A$1,"-",CHAR(1),2)))

OR you could download and install Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in from
http://xcell05.free.fr

enter:

A2: =REGEX.MID(A$1,"\d+",ROWS($1:1))

and copy/drag down to A4.

--ron

how to use spellnumber formula Aarif Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 27th 06 04:36 PM
Currency to Text mytipi Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 21st 06 11:43 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
VBA Code Cell Mate Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 9th 06 08:52 PM
Loop for VBA code? paulinoluciano Excel Worksheet Functions 5 December 28th 05 01:30 PM