Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tommy

Default Ranking of golfers

I have a program setup that I enter scores for golfers. Each team has 5
players, what I want to do is enter the score and it automatically fills in
on page 2 with the lowest score first. I would like this to happen everytime
I enter a score. Here is what I have on the first page.

player 1 80 81 161 player 1 79 80 159

this is done for 5 players per team and I have 6 teams.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JorDun

Hi
you can use the RANK function toget the relative position of each golfer.
Then retrieve the name (if that was your intention) in a second sheet with
VLOOKUP. Use the MIN function as argument in the VLOOKUP function to get the
player with the lower score.
Another way could be using INDEX referimg to the RANK function.
You can find a post about using RANK function in my blog.

--
Every complex problem has a simple, easy to understand, wrong answer

http://www.jldexcel.blogspot.com
http://www.jldexcelsp.blogspot.com

"Tommy" wrote:

I have a program setup that I enter scores for golfers. Each team has 5
players, what I want to do is enter the score and it automatically fills in
on page 2 with the lowest score first. I would like this to happen everytime
I enter a score. Here is what I have on the first page.

player 1 80 81 161 player 1 79 80 159

this is done for 5 players per team and I have 6 teams.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tommy

i've tried the rank but with the teams side by side it didn't work. maybe
I'm doing that wrong, but I can't get it to work.

"Tommy" wrote:

I have a program setup that I enter scores for golfers. Each team has 5
players, what I want to do is enter the score and it automatically fills in
on page 2 with the lowest score first. I would like this to happen everytime
I enter a score. Here is what I have on the first page.

player 1 80 81 161 player 1 79 80 159

this is done for 5 players per team and I have 6 teams.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jordun

Hi

can you upload a snapshot of your worksheet so I can get an idea of the
problem? Or send me the file by e-mail and I will take a look

--
jordun

jordun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33118
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530802

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tommy

I just sent it via email at 11:53 cst, I go to work at 2:00 so I will not
reply until 11:00 or later night.

thank you