Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Denise

Default Data Validation not preventing invalid entries

I have Data Validation set up and it is NOT preventing entries that are not
in my data list. I have one sheet with the data list (A1:A15) and the range
is named "Category". On the page where I'm wanting the DV, I have Validation
to Allow "List" and the Source is "=Category" (without the quotes). Ignore
Blank and In-Cell Drop-down are both checked. I get the drop-down boxes with
the correct data, but, I can enter ANYTHING in the cells and it is accepted.
I have a message that should pop up if an invalid entry is typed in, but it
doesn't come up either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Is there a blank cell in the Category range? If so, remove the check
mark from Ignore blank, and it should work correctly.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures