Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rebecca

Default How can I keep a value visible, once criteria for that value chang

I will be changing the "Month of March 06" cell to the next month in the year
each
month. How can I get the value that had been pulled in by this formula for
March to
remain in the cell after the criteria cell is changed.

I have set up the same formulas for each month of the year in subsequent
cells all pointing to this cell's date information but I need the previously
pulled numbers to remain in their own cells after the month name has changed.

Something like this: Worksheet 1

=IF('Natl Rank'!C1="Month of March 06",'1'!C9,"")

Criteria cell: Natl Rank C1 (Month of March 06 text) this text will change
each month.

Monthly Summary report downloaded to excell. Natl Rank C1 must now be
updated to read April and subsequent months.

Cells designated for each month to receive this information and transfered
automatically from downloaded summary report as per formula

(March data): pulled from summary report based on "Month of March 06" text
in cell.

Download new months summary report "over top old month"

(April data): pulled in based on changing text to read Month of April 06
=IF('Natl Rank'!C1="Month of March 06",'1'!C9,"")

Month of March 06 text now gone and so is data. I need the values that were
present but are no more to remain in their designated locations once I pull
new months report in and fill in new months data in cells next to March.

Sorry if this is confusing. It's not easy to write this stuff out.
Any ideas?