Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lsmft

Default Is There A Way?

I have workbooks for each year of 2006-2000 for income, etc. of an
establishment. I started a new workbook for a compilation of each of
the years income, with cell A-1 being first week of year on down to
A-52.
B-1; 1st week's income of 2006.
C-1; 1st week's income of 2005, etc. on over to year 2000, then I click
and drag down to 52.
I entered each of these 1st weeks by going to the workbook of desired
year, clicking on the 1st week's cell, then the = key, going back to
the new WB and clicking on the appropriate cell, and then the enter
key. Then I clicked and dragged each 1st week's cell down to 52.
Now, when I click on any of these cells in the new WB, I get the origin
of where they came. My question is:
Is there a way to convert my new worksheet's entrees to be a "stand
alone" data instead of showing where it's origin is? I'd prefer for
this new data to be good for itself. I know this question is a little
hard to understand so if you have trouble, I'll try to re-phrase it.

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30678

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

By 'origin' do you mean you see the formula, not the value? If so, the cell
is formatted as text.

Reformat the range as Comma, or some other numeric format. Now, in turn
select the top formula in each column and press the F2 key followed by the
Enter key to re-enter the formula. Once that's doen and you have numbers in
those cells, copy them down the column

"lsmft" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teodomiro

lsmft Wrote:
Is there a way to convert my new worksheet's entrees to be a "stand
alone" data instead of showing where it's origin is? I'd prefer for
this new data to be good for itself. I know this question is a little
hard to understand so if you have trouble, I'll try to re-phrase it.

The easiest way is probably to select the entire data range, copy, then
paste special- values.

--
Teodomiro

Teodomiro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33140
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530608

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lsmft

Teodomiro,
Thanks guy, that did the trick. Much appreciated.