Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kincal

Default transpose with formulas

I have matrix of data (20 rows and 10 columns) and I want to transpose this
matrix.
Up to this point it is easy but what makes it difficult is that the original
matrix contains formulas in each individual cell and I want the original
matrix and the transposed version of it to be linked to each other. In other
words if a cell's value changes in the original matrix I want the
corrosponding cell in the transposed matrix to take same value automatically.
I tried to do this using absolye and relative references but it did not work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Kincal" wrote in message
I have matrix of data (20 rows and 10 columns) and I want to transpose this
matrix.
Up to this point it is easy but what makes it difficult is that the
original
matrix contains formulas in each individual cell and I want the original
matrix and the transposed version of it to be linked to each other. In
other
words if a cell's value changes in the original matrix I want the
corrosponding cell in the transposed matrix to take same value
automatically.
I tried to do this using absolye and relative references but it did not
work.

If your first array is at (A1:J20), then select the range where you want
your new array, say (A22:T21), then type in the formula
=TRANSPOSE(A1:J20)
enter it as an array formula by Control Shift Enter (which will give you
curly braces).
--
David Biddulph