Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
timber

Default drop down shows one value but inputs an alternate value

I would like to build a drop down menu that shows one value (ie the name) but
the value that is inputted in the table is the matching number to that name.
Does anyone have any idea how to do this.

My drop down lists are listed in the same file but a different worksheet
then where the data is entered.

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

you could use a lookup formula, maybe give a little more info so
somebody can post an example for you

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can do this with programming. There's a sample file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Data Validation "Columns"'

timber wrote:
I would like to build a drop down menu that shows one value (ie the name) but
the value that is inputted in the table is the matching number to that name.
Does anyone have any idea how to do this.

My drop down lists are listed in the same file but a different worksheet
then where the data is entered.

Thanks!!!

--
Debra Dalgleish