Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kone617

Default Excel testing

How do I download an Excel test to be used by job applicants?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael M

Hi
While not aware of any 'tests", it would be difficult to create one that
would job specific, ie, financial testing would by somewhat different
scientific testing.

Most users of Excel only use the basics, SUM,AVERAGE, MULTIPLY, etc.

Have a look at what sort of spreadsheet is used by your company, OR, what
type of job you are applying for and build a simple test from there.

I guess if you can't create a simple test of Excel
requirements..........your applicant doesn't need to do one. !!!

I created a list of names, addresses, a couple of columns of dollar amounts
and then had the user do a couple of maths functions, a bit of formatting and
maybe a print and Save to a disc.

You'll soon know if they can use Excel or not. If you want to make it a bit
harder, put a time limit on it !

HTH
Michael M