Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dmitry Bogdanov

Default External links referencing URL with parameter

As we know, Excel cell may reference cell in workbook available
through HTTP. In this case, formula looks like:

='http://localhost/excelweb/[source.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

I was able to use asp rather than xls file. My (dummy) asp simply
writes contents of xls file into reponse using binary writing. In this
case, formula was:

='http://localhost/excelweb/[gen.asp]Sheet1'!$A$1

This also worked fine.

Now the question - how can I pass parameters to my ASP (or
any other server-side script, like Java servlet) in Excel? This
does not work:

='http://localhost/excelweb/[gen.asp?num=1]Sheet1'!$A$1

Excel complains about ? sign.