Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DHANRAJ

Default To Calculate age in a cell

I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
another cell. how to do about it ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

dhanraj, have a look here,

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"DHANRAJ" wrote in message
I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
another cell. how to do about it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

If the DOB is in B2, =DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y") will give you the age.

"DHANRAJ" wrote:

I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
another cell. how to do about it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

DHANRAJ Wrote:
I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age
in
another cell. how to do about it ?

=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")

Syntax

DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,unit)

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DHANRAJ

My DOB is in dd:mm:yy format and when I give the formula I get get a return
value #VALUE!.

"DHANRAJ" wrote:

I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
another cell. how to do about it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

I'm not sure I understand. If you've entered a date, the datedif function
should work. If you've entered TEXT with the :'s etc, you first need to
convert to true Excel dates:
=DATE(RIGHT(B2,2),MID(B2,4,2),LEFT(B2,2)) would convert the text string to a
date (assuming that you've ALWAYS got two chars each for mm, dd and yy).
So =datedif(DATE(RIGHT(B2,2),MID(B2,4,2),LEFT(B2,2)), today(),"y") would
conver the text and then calculate the years that have elapsed since then.