Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Uncle

Default microsoft help won't work.

when I click on office assistant or help and select my querie, I receive an
error message saying that unable to connect to internet. Refresh or check
settings.
I only want to continue to work offline within Excel or Word etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach

You probably have Excel 2003 version. That version has the help system
internet based. That can be a nuisance or a blessing, depending on how you
like it. You don't. HTH Otto
"Uncle" wrote in message
when I click on office assistant or help and select my querie, I receive
an
error message saying that unable to connect to internet. Refresh or check
settings.
I only want to continue to work offline within Excel or Word etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton

Uncle -

If it's Excel 2003, choose Tools | Options | General | Service Options |
Online Content, and uncheck some boxes.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com