Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kitchur

Default using dates

is there anyway that I can print different dates within a worksheet? I'm
updating only one page within a worksheet and would like to see revised
mm/dd/yy on that one page only.

--
kitchur
kitchur's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33165

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach

I don't understand what you want to do. Are you saying that you want the
format of the date (mm/dd/yy vs dd/mm/yy) a certain way on that one sheet?
Just format the cells of that one sheet the way you like the date to show.
Select the cells and do Format - Cells - Number - Date and select the format
you want. Post back if this isn't your problem. HTH Otto
"kitchur" wrote in
message ...

is there anyway that I can print different dates within a worksheet? I'm
updating only one page within a worksheet and would like to see revised
mm/dd/yy on that one page only.

--
kitchur
kitchur's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529852

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kitchur

sorry, I really should have explained a little more. I'm using the
custom footers. I've created on the right section of the footer a
manually entered permanent date, then used the sheet name and page #
buttons, as I don't want this section of the footer to ever change. (no
new pages should ever have to be added.. famous last words)
Now in the center section under custom footers, I've entered "revised"
with the date button.
Now within the worksheet say 15 pages, I've only updated page 5. I was
hoping that this center section would only flag this one updated page.
Not the case as this section footer printed the revised date footer on
all 15 pages!
I did also then try entering in the bottom page/cell line the actual
"revised and date" that I wanted, but it just doesn't look
professional.
just another mention of importance is that on any page within the
worksheet that is revised, I will need to keep that revision date on
that page, until it is revised again, thus there is a great chance of
all 15 pages either having different revision dates or no revision
dates at all.

Thanks!