Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CraigSA

Default DTPicker auto resize??

I have a couple DTPicker controls and I resized them so that they just show
the date
with the 1-dtpshortdate format selected in the properties. everyting is fine
until i try to reopen the file. Both DPickers expand to about four row height
and decrease the width so that it ends up cutting off the end of my date. as
soon as i click on the design icon though in the control toolbox they jump
back to the size i made them. I have to then resize them each time i open the
file for them to stay the size i want. I have tried messing around with the
properties but nothing seems to work, no matter what size I make them
everytime I reopen the file they have resized.

This is a really annoying problem because they end up covering like three
lines of info and it looks stupid if i have to adjust my whole spreadsheet to
fit in these huge boxes with just one line at the top containing the date.

Any ideas anyone as to how to keep the size of the control constant?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

right click on the Date picker control and select FORMAT CONTROL, click on
the PROPERTIES tab and make sure that the control's OBJECT POSITIONING is set
to either MOVE BUT DON'T SIZE WIH CELLS or DON'T MOVE OR SIZE WITH CELLS.
--
Kevin Backmann

"CraigSA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CraigSA

This doesnt help. I have changed that property and it still resizes. even
putting the two pickers on different settings doesn't change the outcome on
either of them. I'm using excel2000, think it could be a bug??

"CraigSA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CraigSA

Default Must be a bug

I have installed the updates for office 2000 and the resizing continued.
I have found though that if I save the workbook on a different spreadsheet
that doesnt contain the pickers then they remain their normal size. its only
if the sheet opens from file onto the page containing the pickers that they
resize.

Am I the only one that finds this a bit confusing?? anyway I'll just
remember not to save on that page.