Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DTTODGG

Default VLOOKUP for all rows

Hello-

I'm working on a spreadsheet where data is being manually entered everyday,
row-by-row. I have a VLOOKUP(A rownbr1, Data, 2) VLOOKUP(A rownbr2, Data, 2)
etc.

My question is: How can I have all rows as they are built, contain the
VLOOKUP command? Dynamically? Is this a syntax issue?

Thank you so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

ToolsOptionsEdit tab, check Extend data range formats and formulas

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"DTTODGG" wrote in message ...
Hello-

I'm working on a spreadsheet where data is being manually entered everyday,
row-by-row. I have a VLOOKUP(A rownbr1, Data, 2) VLOOKUP(A rownbr2, Data, 2)
etc.

My question is: How can I have all rows as they are built, contain the
VLOOKUP command? Dynamically? Is this a syntax issue?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

You could put the VLOOKUP in an IF statement so the cell is blank if there no
data in cell A

for example ,

in cell B1

=if(A1<"",VLookup(A1,Data,2),"")

and copy this down as far as is required.

When data is entered in A, VLOOKUP will be invoked.

Does this help?

"DTTODGG" wrote:

Hello-

I'm working on a spreadsheet where data is being manually entered everyday,
row-by-row. I have a VLOOKUP(A rownbr1, Data, 2) VLOOKUP(A rownbr2, Data, 2)
etc.

My question is: How can I have all rows as they are built, contain the
VLOOKUP command? Dynamically? Is this a syntax issue?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DTTODGG

Thank you Niek - it's always something simple. But, I have that box checked
already? Could someone back space to make the formula not extend? Is there a
way to "reinstate" the extend. I think it did work at one time, maybe the
data entry person did something.
I appreciate your help.

"DTTODGG" wrote in message ...
Hello-

I'm working on a spreadsheet where data is being manually entered everyday,
row-by-row. I have a VLOOKUP(A rownbr1, Data, 2) VLOOKUP(A rownbr2, Data, 2)
etc.

My question is: How can I have all rows as they are built, contain the
VLOOKUP command? Dynamically? Is this a syntax issue?

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Maybe this from HELP:

To be extended, formats and formulas must appear in at least three of the five last rows preceding the new row.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten