Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deniseh

Default Is it possible to poulate a calendar from a calculated date

I am trying to organise dates in an easy format for say, to place an order,
calculate a payment date and then an expected delivery date. So far I can
calculate the dates for payment date and expected delivery by adding 30 days
to original order date and then 82 days to order date for expected delivery
etc. I have a spreadsheet in Excel which calculates the dates but doesn't
populate automatically so any alterations to the order date I have to
recalculate and then input into the spreadsheet. I had thought a calendar
would be of more use, and easier to see etc. Has anyone any ideas if this is
possible?
Thanks for your time.
Denise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
via135

hi!

why don't you try

in B1; =A1+30 &
in C1; = A1+82

where A1 having the order date, B1 having the payment date and C1
containing the delivery date!?

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
deniseh

Default Is it possible to populate a calendar from a calculated date

Thanks, this is in effect what I have done, but because the information has
to be included into a cashflow spreadsheet the movements aren't easily seen
or calibrated. Ideally I would like to be able to have the results from An,
Bn and Cn to appear from the calculations. This is where I get stuck. If
the order date was say 1st April then the payment date would be 16th May (for
45 days) and then 22nd June (82 days) for expected delivery date. If this
could slot into an annual calendar, or maybe you have another idea of keeping
track, it would be magic. Once done all future orders would follow suit and
then depending on the items ordered I could colour code. Maybe I just want
too much, but it's worth a try from all th experts.
Thanks again
Denise