Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DCSwearingen

Default Calculated Link to Another Spreadsheet

Before I ask my question I would like to thank all of the MVPs and
everyone else who takes the time to give assistance to everyone who
uses these forums. I read a lot of the questions and reaponses and
they have helped me find solutions over the last few years.

My Environment:
I am on Windows 2000 NT operating system on a network. We currently
use Office 2000 for most Office applications, except Access. For some
reason our Cost Accounting uses Access 95 as the interface to an AS400
to generate daily cost reports for our facility. Unfortunately only
Accounting has permission to use this system and the Access interface.

First Question:
The Access program generates reports that are sent out as RTF files in
Word. I wish there were an easy way to pull the data from the RTF file
to Excel, but I am not aware of any. Each day, I copy the RTF report
and past it into a worksheet in an Excel Workbook. I have one workbook
for each month, and each workbook has a worksheet for each day of the
month. This works well as each day's cost report uses the same format.
Is there an easier way to do this?

Second Question:
I keep a lot of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and frequently link to
these monthly cost report workbooks. My KPI worksheets are arranged
with all of the data in a row with the date in column A. I would like
to be able to select the day tab in the cost report workbook that
corresponds to the day of the month in column A. At present I have
each cell individually linked to a specific location in a specific
sheet.

As I set up for our new Fiscal Year, I would like to be able to copy a
cell down in my KPI sheet so that it will look at column A, pull the
day of the month (Day function) and pick the specific cell from the
worksheet that corresponds to the returned day. My daily sheets are
numbered 1 through the last day of each month.

--
DCSwearingen

DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21506
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529345